Call Now For a Free Case Evaluation

What Paperwork Do I Get When I’m Released From Jail After An Arrest In LA?

Attorney Myles Berman explains that a person is usually given a notice to appear and a temporary license. They may also be given a booking slip and a tow slip. These documents inform the defendants of the details of their next court date. The temporary license is a very important document and it begins the 30 day time period within which the suspension goes into effect administratively. The document also states that the defendant has 10 days from the date of arrest to contact the DMV and stop their suspension from going into effect. Sometimes people are so traumatized by the arrests that they don’t even want to look at the paperwork that was given to them. Other times they misinterpret the information and think that they have 30 days before their license will be suspended. The DMV oftentimes does not tell people that they have the right to stop the suspension from going into effect and to request a hearing.

It’s very important for people to call us right away so that we can tell them what needs to be done. Contact Top Gun DUI Defense Attorney Myles L. Berman serving clients throughout Southern California and he will represent you with the care and attention your expect.

Description: Find out what paperwork is required for a release after a DUI arrest.

Related Videos

Top Gun DUI Defense Attorney Myles L. Berman

Myles L. Berman, Top Gun DUI Defense attorney offers unwavering support and strategic defense in DUI cases across Southern California. Experience a personal commitment to protecting your rights and securing positive outcomes.

Call now for a FREE case evaluation (888) 486-7486

While viewing the website, tap in the menu bar. Scroll down the list of options, then tap Add to Home Screen.
Use Safari for a better experience.
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U